Friday, October 14, 2011

# 7 : My Hero

            Teacher: "Class,kinsa nakaela ni Jose P. Rizal?Pataas kamot.
                        (nagpataas ang tanan except ni juan)
            Teacher: "Oh Juan,ngano wa man ka kaela ni Rizal?"
            Juan: "Na, basin sa laing section na siya ma'am."

        How well do we Filipinos know our national hero?How profound do we value him and his contributions to the country?We know Jose P. Rizal  as the man who died for our country and one of the forerunners of our independence.He is the man who waken up the Filipinos heart and soul through his pen and papers  and let our colonizers discern that we are not blind, deaf and dumb to know what's now happening,one indication that achieving independence does not require bloodsheed. With that fact alone, he is worthy of our praise ,respect and attention.
        Aside from Rizal,there's also a person who give contribution to me and to the others.She is Shaira May Arcamo.She is a girl that I can consider a hero of my life because she change my life and lead me to the right way.It started when we where still in high school.During my high school life, I was very bad and mostly I will not attend to any classes because what i priorities most are my friends. Until such time, Shaira talked to me and tell me that what I'm doing is just a waste of my time and if I will concentrate with my studies I could be a successful someday.From that time.I've realized that what she said was right and from that time I started to change my life because I was touched by her words.What she've done to me is like what Rizal do. And that is one example of real heroism that does not require bloodsheed  but done only through the power of words and love.Therefore, she is really worthy for my praise and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment