Saturday, October 22, 2011

# 8 Descriptive Writing


The Magic Power of Faith

    There I stood in the parking lot of the Lazi Roman Catholic Church. It was a beautiful, quiet place. As a 12-year old boy, I played the seesaw at the playground of the church. It was December of 2006 when my family and I went to a round trip in the Island of Siquijor.
    I also did all the things that children do in a Christian home: Sunday school and young people's group. I did them all without complaining- until I graduated high school.
    Something happened to me on that day of our round trip. I was able to realize the importance of having a family united together to praise and worship God.
    It was during that time when my aunt had her breast cancer. She was with us in our trip. I was the one who accompanied her. I am her favorite.
    I don't know why, upon knowing her illness, I became so religious. I prayed for her always.
    We visited every Roman Catholic Church in the six Municipalities of Siquijor. I and my family prayed deeply for our spiritual needs and for the peace and unity of our  society.
    Siquijor is such a beautiful place to live in. The people living in this place are very much hospitable and kind. This place is called the Island of Magic. Yes, indeed; it is. For me, it is the Island of Magic by the Power of the Holy Spirit and by the Power of God, the Almighty.
    A year after, my aunt got well. This is because of my faith of the magic  power.

No comments:

Post a Comment